The meeting came after a two-years break due to the world-famous situation in Covid-19 pandemic.
Many interesting and important activities took place during the meeting in Spain:
- The most important IT competencies were presented and analysed.
- Office 365 tools and their application to different audiences: the partners studied the capabilities of Office 365 together, created presentations in groups, and learned how to use different Office 365 tools to work with different audiences. Office 365 includes powerful communication applications that allow all team members to stay in touch and work in a team: Outlook ensures that team members can stay connected and work anywhere with built-in email, calendar, and contacts. Teams allows you to work together on a single task, and with this program, including file sharing, web chat, and video conferencing, you can combine everything through a single center. Planner reduces the need for face-to-face meetings by allowing coordinators to create, assign, and monitor their progress in real time. The Forms program provides secure access to feedback from participants. This workshop was very fun and rewarding.
- Considerable attention was paid during this project meeting to discussing the results of the SELFIE questionnaire in all partner countries.We briefly recall what SELFIE is: it is a free online self-reflection tool for schools, developed by the European Commission, European education experts, to help schools use digital technologies in teaching and education. The SELFIE system uses questionnaires to gather the views of school leaders, teachers and learners (anonymously and voluntarily) and the results are combined into an interactive report that shows the strengths and weaknesses of your organization in the effective use of information technology. The SELFIE questionnaire can be completed each year for the school to monitor its progress. The SELFIE system provides three questionnaires, one for each of the three user groups: school leaders, teachers, and learners. You can also add your own questions.
During the meeting, each partner presented the results of SELFIE in their organization, assessed the IT needs and achievements of the participating countries, and discussed the development of various IT opportunities during and after the pandemic.
- Internet security issues. Even 25 percent internet users in the European Union face online security issues. Protecting your personal data and not disclosing it online is especially important. Do we really know how to protect our personal data? to store them properly? The topic of online safety in Spain was introduced to us by a very experienced specialist in the field: not only was it interesting to listen to, but there was also a lot of discussion.
- On the last, fifth day of the meeting, we evaluated the week’s achievements and established skills. A meeting of the project coordinators was also held, during which the progress of the project was discussed, further works and their deadlines were planned.
- In Spain, a really interesting and varied cultural program was organized for all the partners of the project, organized for us by the Spanish hosts: a guided tour of Segovia, a tour of the RIOFRÍO Royal Palace, a tour of the town of R. San San Defonso and the Royal Gardens. The Royal Palace of Riofrio is one of the residences of the Spanish royal family, built in the 18th century. One of the most famous dynasties in Europe, the Bourbon, used this palace as a hunting pavilion and resting place. This palace has so far maintained a romantic 18th-19th century atmosphere. In the museum we enjoyed large rooms decorated with luxurious 19th century furniture. The palace also houses a hunting museum with weapons collections from the time of Philip V to Alfons XIII, trophies, tapestries from the royal factory, illustrations and paintings on hunting themes, including works by artists Velasquez, Rubens and Snyder.
The Spanish host organization CEPA San Ildefonso – La Granja impressed all the partners with its hospitality. And the meeting itself was meaningful and interesting both professionally and culturally.